[WIN95][CODE][WEIRD CRASHES involving COMM.C]

From: Guyang Mao (gymao@GEOCITIES.COM)
Date: 03/19/98

Hello.  I have mobprogs, autoquest 1.2, ascii pfiles, oasisolc 1.6b,
arena (lost lands one) installed in the circle executable.  After the
last fix involving ascii pfiles and autoquest in db.c, comm.c started
crashing the server on this line:

        if (type == TO_CHAR) {
                if (ch && SENDOK(ch))
                        perform_act(str, ch, obj, vict_obj, ch);
     MOBTrigger = TRUE;
                return;
        }

        if (type == TO_VICT) {
->              if ((to = (struct char_data *) vict_obj) && SENDOK(to))
                        perform_act(str, ch, obj, vict_obj, to);
     MOBTrigger = TRUE;
                return;
        }
        /* ASSUMPTION: at this point we know type must be TO_NOTVICT or TO_ROOM
*/
        if (type == TO_GEMOTE) {
                for (i = descriptor_list; i; i = i->next) {
                        if (!i->connected && i->character &&

Ah.... mailer code.  I can't see anything wrong with it.  And circle
compiles cleanly except for the multitude of char_to_room() calls and
signed/unsigned mismatches, none of which involve comm.c

Any ideas?