Re: [CODE] Corpse Retrieval

From: Lloth - Raymond Budavari (rbudavar@MAIL.USYD.EDU.AU)
Date: 03/24/98

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Clark Kent wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
>     Well I've been thinking about how to code this for awhile, but got lost on one
> part. I've implemented a corpse retrieval system that sends newbie corpses to a
> certain room so they can get their stuff back. I want to make it so only they can
> get the stuff from the corpse, but have no idea how to make it so the corpse
> belongs to the person who died. I'm also trying to make a system for clan eq so
> that clans can have their own eq that they purchase from gods who create the eq for
> them. Has anyone been succesful with this? I'm using the clan code from the
> CircleMUD Code Snippets page. If someone culd help me with either of these
> problems, I'd appreciate it =).

a much different context the following is a snip of my code for preventing
players taking eq out of a specified container (in my case a coffin) that
does have their name in the desciption. As corpses have names in the
cont->description also it *should* work for you also -
-snipped from act.item.c
 get_from_container-

if (IS_SET(GET_OBJ_VAL(cont, 1), CONT_CLOSED))
    act("$p is closed.", FALSE, ch, cont, 0, TO_CHAR);
  else if ((GET_OBJ_VAL(cont, 3) == 1) && (strstr(cont->name, "coffin") &&
!strstr(cont->description, GET_NAME(ch)))) {
    act("$p is not yours to take from.", FALSE, ch, cont, 0, TO_CHAR);
    return;
  }

-end snip-

Prolly not the best way to do it but it works for me , anyways hope this
helps (if i understand the question properly) and should work with
minimal changes. However this will make *all* containers of the
specified type restrict access to its rightful _owner_ , if u just wanted
corpses of newbies in this special room of yours free from looting that
will require more work i guess.

                                          Lloth
                                          Coding/Admin on the UNDERDARK
                                          telnet extro.ucc.su.oz.au 9999