Re: [COMPILE] Error with MSVC 4.0

From: Paul Siegel (pmsie@CONNCOLL.EDU)
Date: 03/25/98

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Tharin2002 wrote:

> I just downloaded Circle patch level 12 and tried to compile it and I got the
> following error:
>
> act.other.c
> act.other.c(728) : error C2079: 'fbuf' uses undefined struct 'stat'
> act.other.c(768) : error C2224: left of '.st_size' must have struct/union type
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'

Hee hee, I just mailed the list a week ago with the exact same problem, so
I think I can answer this one.  You need to add the following line to
conf.h >>>

        #define HAVE_SYS_STAT_H 1

I had this problem because I was compiling in Windows, which I assume you
are too considering your using NMAKE.  If you're not using Windows, maybe
someone else can help.

I'd like to reiterate the comment that came up last time this question
arose:  Isn't this FAQ material?

Paul