Re: Dice Rolls

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 03/27/98

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Jonathan Barrett wrote:

> While I was making a function to tell you how many die with how many
> sides are needed to get an average of X and a range of x, I began to
> wonder about the die system in general.  Why does circle use the die
> system at all?  Wouldn't it be easier to just pick a random number
> between x and X?

Mathematicians can identify with random numbers, percentages, averages
and the like.

Role-players can identify with dice rolls, chances, lady-luck, and
similar concepts.

Hopefully you want to attract more role-players than mathematicians to
your CircleMUD.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke