Re: Dice rolls

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@POLARNET.COM)
Date: 03/27/98

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Barrett <mizzrym@HOTMAIL.COM>
To: CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca <CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca>
Date: Friday, March 27, 1998 9:58 AM
Subject: Re:  Dice rolls
<snip>

>Yeah, I figured the bell curve was the main reason dice were used.  I
>just thought it might be easier on the builders if they could simply
>choose an average damage and a range when they make the weapon, and that
>was the whole point of making my dice parser function. But the die
>system adds the capability of making it more/less often roll the average
>so I think it would be best to keep the dice system.

Assuming OLC...

You could give them a method of determining the point spread, avg damage,
etc from a given roll. You could have medit/oedit automatically calculate it
if they pick an option off the menu and print a nice little report so they
can modify the xdy values until they get what they are looking for.

--Mallory