Re: D&D Style was: [code] do_title

From: Tony Maro (tmaro@TACSYS.COM)
Date: 04/08/98

Patrick,

How many people are _REALLY_ going to be ABLE to create a magic fireball in real life anyway?!?

Itsn't that sort of the point?  ::Sorry, I couldn't resist  ;-)

Anyway, my viewpoint on this is that there are some things that MUST be available to all classes to keep balance.

Identify is probably NOT one of those as you could get a mage or cleric to do it for you.  Detect invis potion YES.  For tough mud's, some method of recall is a must.

I think that it is silly for a warrior to be able to use a wand of fireball, or a scroll for that matter (except maybe recall.) but you have to keep the balance in mind.  If a warrior doesn't have his own abilities that may be wanted just as much as a wand then everyone would be a magic-user.  If you notice that 3/4 of all of your current players are clerics, perhaps your classes aren't balanced!

-Tony