Re: OLC, MOBs, and classes

From: Neal Lahndorff (stulahnd@ACS.EKU.EDU)
Date: 04/08/98

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Brian wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone has changed their code from the spec_assign format
> of assigning classes to MOBs, into a method where you can add a class to a
> MOB through OLC.

quick and dirty version, add an e-spec for Class: <some number here> and
simple have a default version, something like CLASS_DUMMY defined in
structs.h for generic mobs and as a placeholder so the mud will have a
meaningful value while you edit your already existing mobs, follow the
parse_enhanced_mob thread of code in db.c to see how to add one of these.

As far as making the mob do something in combat based on his class, that
does take a little work, i just made a mob_class_combat function that
randomly picked a skill and a spell, then checked for the mobs class, and
if they were a spellcaster, and they knew the spell that popped up, they
cast it, and if they don't, their opponent got lucky.. this round. If you
really need a hand with the code, i can probably cut enough of mine out to
do you some good, although i've got a lot more added that what you're
asking for..

Neal