[CODE] Question

From: Mike Schlagenhauf (mschlag@CS.PURDUE.EDU)
Date: 04/15/98

I have a question for everyone out there.  This has me absolutely stumped,
and I'm probably just overlooking something really simple.  Who knows...
Here goes.  I added 2 extra OLC spots to the pfile (using spares) for my
builders.  This was not a problem, got it all in without a hitch.  My
problem arises when I changed the do_stat_character to try & show the full
zone information, i.e., make it look like "show zones".  I read the code,
found the print_zone_to_buf() function, and tried to copy the way it
output the zone name.  Here's what my code looks like:

   if(GET_LEVEL(k) >= LVL_IMMORT) {
      sprintf(buf, "%s\r\n OLC[%d] - %s\r\n", buf, GET_OLC_ZONE(k),
              zone_table[GET_OLC_ZONE(k)].name);
      sprintf(buf, "%sOLC2[%d] - %-30.30s\r\n", buf, GET_OLC_ZONE2(k),
              zone_table[GET_OLC_ZONE2(k)].name);
      sprintf(buf, "%sOLC3[%d] - %-30.30s\r\n", buf, GET_OLC_ZONE3(k),
              zone_table[GET_OLC_ZONE3(k)].name);
   }

I've tried casting the GET_OLC_ZONE to an int, in case that was the
problem, tried quite a few other things, but I can't get it to work.  When
I stat the character, I get something like this:

 OLC[72] - (null)
OLC2[0] - Limbo - Internal
OLC3[0] - Limbo - Internal

Now, zone 72 exists with no problems, and the name shows up under show
zones, so can somebody please pound into my head what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks,

--
Mike Schlagenhauf
mschlag@cs.purdue.edu