Re: [Code] save_char(ch, ch->in_room);

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 04/19/98

On Sun, 19 Apr 1998, Ben Britton wrote:

> Okay, I've gone throught he old archives of the list, but all the
> information i've found is inconclusive.  It was discussed many times, that
> changing the save_char(ch, NOWHERE) functions will allow characters to
> "load up" in the room they quit in, but this doesn't stop a character from
> quiting then entering the game right away to have the same effect as the
> recall spell.  For the the save_char(ch, ch->in_room) to work the character
> must quit the mud entirely. I've tried setting the setting the bit on the
> Load_room and setting the load_room to that ch->in_room, but nothing has
> seemed to work.

I got it to work just fine, then again I recoded the quit/rent code and
that probably did it. As soon as someone camps or quits, they are saved
in that room so even if they re-enter the game right away, they reload in
the room that they camped in.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

  -- Arthur C. Clarke