Re: [CODE] [NEWBIE] Printing brief room desc when enter key hit

From: Ben Shadwick (bshadwic@CLARK.EDU)
Date: 04/21/98

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Ron Cole wrote:
> >Maybe it would be a good addition to the stock look_at_room code to allow
> >brief descriptions to be forced, say, by passing -1 for the value of
> >ignore_brief?
>
> The problem with that, is that the parameter is considered to be TRUE/FALSE and
> any non-zero value is considered true.  So, whether you add a new parameter or
> alter the current one, you'd have a problem with other patched in code.  If you
> are not prepared to deal with the problems as they come up, then you are better
> off just copying the function to a new name and having it do what you want.

Yeah, that's why I figured copying the function would be the best solution
to my particular problem.

That reminds me, another issue that's cropped up is that if you hit enter
while sleeping, it still gives you the room description =) I want to
figure this one out on my own though, but if anyone is interested I'll
post the results.