Re: Circlemud design issues

From: Sammy (samedi@DHC.NET)
Date: 04/22/98

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, James Turner wrote:

> Compression also works on binary data.

Yes, it works.  No, you can't compress the stock binary pfile, unless your
mud isn't currently running.  In that case I would also compress the
binaries, source code, and everything else.

> Again, this effectively fragments the code base (similar to having
> threads that are only compiled on some systems).  We should pick one
> or the other, not support two vastly different techniques, IMO.

This wouldn't necessarily fragment the code.  A simple #define
ASCII_PFILES could allow for a compile-time option.

Sam