Re: [LIST] Idea / Request

From: Judson Powers (powers@RJSONLINE.NET)
Date: 04/22/98

On Tue, Apr 21, 1998 7:50 PM, Chuck Reed <mailto:creed@I-55.COM> wrote:
>I really think that there should be two circle mailing lists.  One for
>novice coders/admins where they can ask those stupid questions that get
>flamed here.  I understand that this list is not for coders who have never
>read a C book, and I understand why they get flamed.  However, there is no
>place (that I know of) where these people can go to get guided in the
right
>direction (without flames).  Now, I'm asking if anyone out there would be
>willing to set up a NEWBIE CircleMUD Mailing List.  I think it would
really
>benifit those just starting and people here would get less BS that they
>don't want to see.

Although I have not heard of a newbie Circle mailing list, I do have two
constructive comments to make:

1.  With the help of George and Claywar/Faras, I am working on making a
RP-Mud mailing list for discussing more advanced and theoretical mud design
topics.

2.  I don't know what program this list uses, but in the AD&D listserv,
people are required (by the moderator) to begin their posts with one of
five or so keywords.  People subscribed to the list can set options,
similar to digest or nomail, that cause the listserv to not send them any
mail under that category.
An AD&D example: [ADND-L] Rules: Stoneskin
A Circle example:  Newbie: How do I...
or:  Code, Snippet: How to make rats explode using 4 lines of code

Judson Powers                 Morgaelin MUD
powers@rjsonline.net          telnet://mud.dwango.com:3000/

"Friends help you move... real friends help you move bodies."