Future Bazaar system, was Re: Weather zones.

From: James Turner (turnerjh@XTN.NET)
Date: 04/23/98

Leonardo Herrera <leherrer@ENTELCHILE.NET> writes:

> ObCircle:
>   Hmm... *shrug*... What about start the guidelines for a new mud,
> called CircleMUD 4 or whatever, in Bazaar style? And all the gurus in
> the list can maintain different modules... I don't know, the last time I
> see much more discussions about design than any other topic (by the
> exception of OLC, maybe). Why not?
>   Well... just an idea. Maybe I don't have nothing to say :)

This would be a very interesting way to handle Circle 4, and I
personally would like it.  It would definitely speed up the snail's
paced development so far (not that there is anything wrong with that,
but I think that people like new versions of code on a regular
basis).

However, I don't know how willing Jeremy (and George) would be to
release the reigns, so to speak, and let others have some control of
the code.

An alternative would be to split the codebase, but then it wouldn't be
circle anymore.  Fragmentation in development can be a bad thing
(though sometimes good, such as egcs).  But it is probably best if we
pool our efforts... assuming we can decide on design issues and such ;)

--
James Turner               turnerjh@xtn.net
                           http://www.vuse.vanderbilt.edu/~turnerj1/