Re: [CLANS][ASCII-PFILES][CODE] "clan set plan" and ...

From: Fili (cybom@NETROPOLIS.NET)
Date: 04/28/98

Guyang Mao wrote:

> If this has been covered before, I'm sorry.
>
> I've downloaded the clan code from the snippets page.  I've put in
> everything it calls for.  But when I got to this point I got
> stumped... how can I change this call

The clan code by meddhi?

> - snip -
>
>    load_char((player_table + j)->name, &chdata);
>    if(chdata.player_specials_saved.clan==clan[i].id) {
>     chdata.player_specials_saved.clan=0;
>     chdata.player_specials_saved.clan_rank=0;
>     save_char_file_u(chdata);
>    }
>
> - snip -
>
> to use ascii-pfiles?  I'm thinking along the lines of making saving
> into ascii file its separate function and just call the same function
> from both save_char and save_char_file_u ... do you guys have any
> better ideas?  If so, please help!

Yes, I have transferred them over, but if this is from the other clan code
(non-meddhi)....

Anyways, here you go (note - the liscense to this code is given to everyone but
quinn, people who work for quinn, any mud that quinn works on, etc.) :

(at the beginning of the section that the save functions are in)

char savedletter;

(in the various save functions)

  else {
*  savedletter = (player_table + j)->name[0];
*  (player_table + j)->name[0] = tolower((player_table + j)->name[0]);
    load_char((player_table + j)->name, &chdata);
    if(chdata.player_specials_saved.clan==clan[i].id) {
      chdata.player_specials_saved.clan=0;
      chdata.player_specials_saved.clan_rank=0;
      save_char_file_u(chdata); }
*     (player_table + j)->name[0] = savedletter;
       }
    }

(etc)
(note - the lines with *s have been added/changed)

There is a bug in this code somewhere, but it works in most functions. The only
function I have seen that had major problems is clan delete.

Fili