Re: Question on Races Hawk on Tue, Apr 28, 1998 at 05:19:38PM -0500

From: Oleg V. Volkov (rover@STU.LIPETSK.SU)
Date: 04/29/98

On Tue, Apr 28, 1998 at 05:19:38PM -0500, Knite Hawk wrote:
> I'm attempting to get an idea of how to alter stats for a player by race,
> before I actually set out to think of all the different races I want on
> the MUD I'm working on.
>
> I had a couple questions that aren't covered in any of the Race.txt's that
> I've seen.
>
> First:
> When you start to define the +/-'s for each race in the class.c file, you
> add below the class definitions something like:
Better look in roll_char somewhere in db.c i think.
>   switch (GET_RACE(ch)) {
[something]
>   break;
>  }
> Now, my first set of questions:
> 1) what is the difference between the 'ch->', the '++ch->', and the
> '--ch->' that's in this section?
++ch-> means ch->something+=1. --ch-> same way.
> And, my second set of questions:
> Can you modify anything besides the normal stats like that? For instance,
> could you set something to modify age? Elves are usually really old, and
> if the game rolls the stats so that the player is listed at 17 years old,
> I'd like to be able to add 150-300 years to that number. Similarly, weight
> and hieght. If the game rolls the weight at 170 and height at 5'8", I'd
> like to be able to take enough off of those two so that a small little
> Fairy isn't huge in Score appearance.
same funciton.
> Similarly, are there any ways to alter other types of things that affect
> gameplay more than those do? Such as +/-'s to AC, HP, Mana, Move, Hitroll,
> Damroll, and all the Saving Throws?
look how advance works and also roll_char.
> And my final question... in affects like HP, Mana, and Move, that change
> at a somewhat awkward pace compared to other things, would it be possible
> to give a + or - by a percentage, so that a Centaur would have a -2
> Dexterity because he can't move around as well as a Humanoid can, but
> would have +10% Movement points, because they have the body of a horse,
> and have more stamina when walking than your average humanoid.
Use GET_MAXMOVE(ch)*=1.1 or somewhat like this.

C'ya!

--
|    _  \|  __  \  | |  | _____|    _  \           | rover@stu.lipetsk.su|