[CODE][WIN95/LINUX] porting

From: Benjamin Draper (satrycus@DRACHENBURG.DEMON.CO.UK)
Date: 04/30/98

Might need [NEWBIE] up there.

Right, I'm helping someone setup a MUD in Linux, and I'm doing much of
the work offline on my WIN95 machine. Problems arise when files have
been transfered from WIN95 to linux. As I understand it, files that
I've altered with DOS edit or WORDPAD, are going to be saved in text
format (obvisouly), but gcc prefers them to be binary. I don't have the
space or the inclination to set up a linux partition at home. So I
was wondering if anybody else has been in this situation and has any
suggestions or advice?(apart from removing WIN95 ;p).

Thanks.

-> Ben