Re: [CODE][WIN95/LINUX] porting

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 05/01/98

On Fri, 1 May 1998, Benjamin Draper wrote:

> Right, I'm helping someone setup a MUD in Linux, and I'm doing much of
> the work offline on my WIN95 machine. Problems arise when files have
> been transfered from WIN95 to linux. As I understand it, files that
> I've altered with DOS edit or WORDPAD, are going to be saved in text
> format (obvisouly), but gcc prefers them to be binary. I don't have the

gcc wants text just like M$VC does.

When you upload the files, make sure that you upload them in ASCII mode,
not BINARY mode. It all depends on your FTP client on how to set it.
Refer to the documentation that comes with your FTP client.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

  -- Arthur C. Clarke