Re: OBuild Help/Question

From: Sammy (samedi@DHC.NET)
Date: 05/02/98

On Fri, 1 May 1998, Ryan Stapleton wrote:

> On 01-May-98 blah wrote:
> > Unfortunately, I've never used Oasis, been Obuild since the beginning :/
> Ok I have a question about OBuild then,  I have OBuild .8 installed,
> and if I edit a mob, item that exists in the mud, when I save it their
> titles get all messed up, and if I purge them cause I wanna clean
> it up (but everyone that has something gets the title messed up
> and it will crash if ya dump it, and u can no longer access it)
>
> What can I do to correct this?  Thanks

The easy fix is to purge all copies of the object or mob before editing
it.

You could try replacing the fix_obj_strings and fix_mob_strings functions
with the ones in obuild .07.  Those worked for a lot of people.  Or if
you're feeling very brave, you could rewrite those two functions.

Both versions work ok on my machine, which is apprently more fault
tolerant.

Sam