Re: Buffer Addon: Those silly release_buffer calls

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@POLARNET.COM)
Date: 05/06/98

-----Original Message-----
From: George <greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG>
To: CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca <CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca>
Date: Wednesday, May 06, 1998 3:53 PM
Subject: Re:  Buffer Addon: Those silly release_buffer calls

>On Wed, 6 May 1998, Gary Barnett wrote:
>
>>The buffer system is all well and fine, I didn't have any difficulty
>>determining how it works or how to get it functional.
>
>Good, I might end up actually working on it again shortly. (Now that I
>found a little manual on POSIX thread locking for real.) :)

<snip>

>(Of course, if your MUD is C++, or C++ capable, I have a mostly working C++
>Buffer class you can basically drop in in place of 'char *'s.)

Ok I'll bite.

Mostly working? :-)

Seriously, I hadn't explored that route myself as I don't know enough about
C++ to trust my work. I'm currently trying to cleanup the code, rather than
add new concepts I don't fully understand.  But. if someone were to show me
the way ...

--
-- Gary Barnett, MCNE    http://www.ptialaska.net/~gbarnett/
-- Mallory@AntaresMUD  telnet://antares.kaschynna.com:7000