Re: Oasis OLCPlus Bugs

From: Tony Robbins (tonyr@NWPACLINK.COM)
Date: 05/08/98

At 10:30 PM 5/8/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Is there by any chance a list of bugs anywhere about Oasis? I got two compile
>errors in the second file compiled in VC++ 5.0, and suspect more are on the
>way. Of course...the more advanced the compiler, the less it likes the bugs,
>I've found. Could it have anything to do with being in Windows 95?

I wrote the patch.  Um, I was under the impression that there was a
winpatch.exe or something out there.  Wouldn't be too tough to make, just
boring.  :P
There aren't any bugs in Linux, I never cross platform tested it.  I've
seen many new muds come up and start using it and it really makes me feel
all warm and fuzzy inside.

>Oh...and a word or two of advice.
>NEVER, EVER patch OasisOLC Plus by hand.

There's a lot to patch.  Aedit is a pain.  :P

>In fact..if anyone is interested, I might be willing to take some time to
>write a Win95 patch program...ie, patch.exe, then select a file to patch
with,
>then tell it where to patch to, and wait. :-)

There's one out there, I'm sure.  If all else fails, go to
windows95.com/winfiles.com and go to their development tools section.

>Thanks,
>-JW

Your welcome,
-B.
(For your information, the B stands for my MUD name Belgarath and I've
never actually used it so if you're going to refer to me, call me Belgarath
and not Tony... I hate my name.  :P)