Re: [CODE] [REQUEST] Automapper

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM)
Date: 05/18/98

At 03:00 PM 5/18/98 -0500, you wrote:
>> A road
>>
>> ####r####
>> f###*rr##
>> ff####r##
>> fff###r##
>>
>> You are travelling upon a dirty old road.
>>
>> Exit(s) [ n e s w ]
>
>Wow. Real Hard. Just incorperate the map into the description.

One word: lame.
Ok, more than one word. Can you say you NEVER plan to link
into existing rooms, or that you don't care about the royal nightmare
it is to change your descriptions when you do?

I know that auto-mapping code that creates an image such as you
presented can be done; in fact it can be done in around 400 lines
of C code (including a wilderness map presentation and a dungeon
map presentation).