Re: [ANOTHER BUG] 30bpl13 - do_track

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 06/04/98

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, ;P wrote:

>>   /* 101 is a complete failure, no matter what the proficiency. */
>>   if (number(0, 101) >= GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_TRACK)) {
>>     /* Find a random direction. :) */
>>     do {
>>       dir = number(0, NUM_OF_DIRS - 1);
>>     } while (!CAN_GO(ch, dir));
>>     sprintf(buf, "You sense a trail %s from here!\r\n", dirs[dir]);
>>     send_to_char(buf, ch);
>>     return;
>>   }
>
>so what happens if they fail in a room with no exit (door closed)..there
>is an infinite loop, no?

You know, everyone had a lot less problems with this code until I cut &
pasted it 5 lines above where it used to be. Although, maybe if I changed
whitespace all over and made people read more code, this would happen more
often. :)

Yup, it could happen, I'll fix it.

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but