Re: Stock Bug Report

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 06/13/98

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, Lord Kyu wrote:

>I just got a complaint from a player on another mud that I help on with a
>persons strength being at 0. It would seem, that if a player gets strength
>cast on them too much, their strength drops to 0.

It's their own fault.

If you have a strength of 18 and have a +110 modifier (or higher) from
strength it will revert back to negatives.  A strength of 16 would take a
+112 modifier.

This will not go back to normal when it wears off either.  Since the
modifier is now +116 and their strength is 0, they'll end up with -116
strength which will once again go back to 0.  I don't think this will work
to get a higher strength though.

Fixes:

1) Leave them at 0 strength.
2) reroll <stupid_player>
3) Make strength non-accumulative.

I'd do #2 and #3, and that'd get huge gripes from people.

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://patches.van.ml.org/          | stupidity is not thus handicapped.