Re: [OFFTOPIC] Attitudes

From: John Woods (JWoodsIII@AOL.COM)
Date: 06/13/98

In a message dated 98-06-12 21:56:28 EDT, quinn@MUD.COMSYS.NET writes:

<< Ok, I know Im the not the greatest coder in the world, and at times I ask
 for help, but recently when I have all Ive gotten are "Go get a book
 idiot" or "I dunno whats wrong you tell us newbie" like really isnt this
 list to HELP people like myself, is it not? >>

I hate to admit it, but I just realized he's right. I know I'm a real asshole
at times, with all my questions and stuff, and I've tried not to be more
recently, but sometimes you guys are pretty annoying too. This is how we
learn, some of us. We listen to what other people would do, we look at the
code, and we figure out what it means. Just because OUR questions aren't
super-complex, and THEY aren't as GOOD as all of YOURS doesn't mean that they
don't deserve an answer. And when I say answer, I don't mean RTFC. Some of us
just don't necessarily understand all of the code, even if we understand a lot
of it. And don't tell me that I need to learn to code, because that's what I'm
doing.

Thank you,
-Elrelet