Re: multi.patch

From: Del Minturn (caminturn@EARTHLINK.NET)
Date: 06/14/98

Anthony Rye wrote:

> can anyone tell me how i can make its so at MAX_LEVEL = 50 the player cant
> go straight to immort if they just keep getting exp?

limits.c
--------
  if (gain > 0) {
    gain = MIN(max_exp_gain, gain);     /* put a cap on the max gain per
kill */
    GET_EXP(ch) += gain;
-    while (GET_LEVEL(ch) < LVL_IMMORT &&
+    while (GET_LEVEL(ch) < LVL_IMMORT - 1 &&
        GET_EXP(ch) >= level_exp(GET_CLASS(ch), GET_LEVEL(ch) + 1)) {
      GET_LEVEL(ch) += 1;
      num_levels++;
      advance_level(ch);
      is_altered = TRUE;

This will keep them from ever reaching IMM by experience.

>  i would also like them to multi through 6 classes then go on a quest for
> avatar class, then hit level 50 in it then go on another quest to become
> an immortal. can any one help me out on this one?

This part I can't help you on, but my guess is you would have to keep
track of
each class the person was.
Then maybe add in some sort of check in the above code to see if player
was
each class?