[off-topic] I'm tired.

From: Leonardo Herrera (leherrer@ENTELCHILE.NET)
Date: 07/01/98

I found that topic of quinn shadowhatever really annoying. This is the
only guy that I have ever seen that cannot know what is coding and at
the same time release code to the snippets page. Okay. That is,

 IC Global Channel -- From Quinn (Added Apr 27, 1998)
 Recall Command -- From Quinn (Added Apr 27, 1998)
 Trust System -- From Quinn (Added Apr 27, 1998)

This snippets are pretty simple. But I can't believe that a guy who does
some... uh, "newbie" questions can wrote this. Here is an extract of
some of his questions.

---------------------------
-  "how would I start GDB to check for bugs in my bin/circle?  Cause my
mud seems to crash for unknown reasons alot" (sic), Thu, 14 May 1998
12:18:20 -0500

- "I was wondering how I would implement level tags (level
restricitions) on equipment." (sic), Tue, 12 May 1998 20:03:08 -0500

- "Ok Ive built about 5 zones offline, and the .wld, .shp, .mob, and
..zon files all work great, but the .obj files dont match mine somehow
and I cannot figure out how to convert them to mine, any suggestions?"
(sic), Sun, 7 Jun 1998 15:29:10 -0500

- "hrm ok if I wanted to make something bigger and it was sh_int whould
I change it to sh_long in structs.h, and then change its %d to %ld?
Thanks in advance."(sic), Sun, 7 Jun 1998 16:09:30 -0500

- "What I ment was in structs.h there are variabls like sh_int max_mana
and sh_int mana, should I change those to sh_long?  or what?" (sic),
Sun, 7 Jun 1998 16:41:20 -0500

- "Ok it seems that whenever I kill a mob at my mud (as a mortal), the
mud hits a segment fault, any ideas why?" (sic), Fri, 12 Jun 1998
18:13:00 -0500

- "now this is what I have for what happens after, but it doesnt seem to
work, any ideas why?

                                SET_BIT(PLR_FLAGS(ch), PLR_MUTANT);
                                GET_MAX_MANA(ch) += 500
                                GET_MAX_HIT(ch) += 500
                                GET_MAX_MOVE(ch) += 500

" (sic), Sat, 13 Jun 1998 20:18:26 -0500 (Please note the missed
semicolons)

- "(...)I encontered like 50 of these in just 1 file, any ideas what
they mean?
left shift count >= width of type"(sic), Thu, 18 Jun 1998 17:31:27 -0500

- "Ok< Ive been working on making passwords setable (because if someone
gets
hacked I dont want them to lose their character), but whenever I try and
compile I always get this error.

act.wizard.c: In function `perform_set':
act.wizard.c:2589: `is_file' undeclared (first use in this function)"
(sic), Sat, 20 Jun 1998 16:39:20 -0500

- "ok I fixed the tmp_store and is_file thanks to someone who was kind
enough to show me something that was infront of my eyes the WHOLE time.
But now all I got left are

act.wizard.c:2592: warning: `return' with no value, in function
returning non-void"(sic), Sat, 20 Jun 1998 18:15:13 -0500

Oops... and I have more. Please, don't misunderstand my intention with
this post; I haven't any problems with Quinn himself, but every day I
read something about this "coder". And I think that this guy is getting
credits for some other guy's work. This is like if me taking credits for
some book about english grammar :)

Sorry for the long post, and for my english.

--
Leonardo Herrera L.
mailto:leherrer@entelchile.net