PL 14 one more bug and two ideas :)

From: Andrey Fidrya (andrey@ALEX-UA.COM)
Date: 07/06/98

Just found another one:
Comm.c, line 1772:
      mudlog(buf, NRM, MAX(LVL_IMMORT, GET_INVIS_LEV(d->character)), TRUE);
Change to:
      mudlog(buf, NRM, MAX(LVL_IMMORT, (
         !IS_NPC(d->character) ? GET_INVIS_LEV(d->character) :
         d->original ? GET_INVIS_LEV(d->original) : 0) ), TRUE);

My personal opinion:
Its better to change GET_INVIS_LEV macro to check for "d->original" and if it
is present, use its settings then or return 0 for simple mobiles and remove
some IS_NPC() checks from other places in code.
This way switched immortals will never miss their SYSLOG messages. :)

Another idea about "tell" command:
Why do we allow players to tell to mobiles? In my MUD lots of people abuse it:
tell linus 123
gtell he's not repopped yet
This feature (telling to mobiles) isn't used anywhere in the code, so we can
rewrite it this way:
Allow to tell to any PC or mob if he has descriptor (so players can talk with
switched questors) and disallow telling to usual mobs (except, possible, mobs
in same room for proper quests handling).
Another extension: if player is linkdead and his level is LVL_GOD+, scan
through character list again and look for "ch->desc && ch->desc->original ==
old_ch". If found, redirect tell to this mobile.
Hmm... another extension... "Pctell" command: used by switched imms. So if
switched imm types:
tell kit Hi; Kit sees: "[Mob name] tells you, 'hi'",
but if he types: pctell kit Hi; Kit will see: "[Imm name] tells you, 'hi'"

To George: shall I resend these bug reports to bugs@circlemud.org?

  Andrey (andrey@alex-ua.com)
    aka Zmey // RMUD