Re: Selling CircleMUD

From: Christopher Avans (parka@CDC.NET)
Date: 07/09/98

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, George wrote:

> There is currently someone in rec.games.mud.diku attempting to sell his
> 19-month old copy of CircleMUD-derived code for $300.
>
> This is illegal and I have already contacted someone at his University.  If
> he used University property to develop the MUD, it'll be a nice and easy
> way of taking care of the problem at hand.
>
> Don't do it.
I saw that and pasted it and almost mailed it to this post, but thought
perhaps I should not get myself in a flame I have not the time.
I attended Georgia Tech about ** years ago. hehe A student there was
making games for apple computers and selling them on a BBS. He got his
under graduate credits stripped for profiting off school lab computers.
Ouch I use to play DnD with him also. He now is a manager at taco bell and
was a 4th year CS student.