Re: Random number generator (normal random source)

From: d. hall (dhall@OOI.NET)
Date: 07/13/98

>> Normal (aka Gaussian) random number generation reminds me...  herein is a
>> function is heavily bastardized from Numerical Recipes in C.

> This is the same code I used.  I took the algorithm from Knuth
> though.  I didn't mean to imply I needed such code; I've had it for a
> while and have had interesting success with it :)

Kinda figured you did... =), but just in case anyone asked questions about
it, kinda like, "that sounds cool, how do you do that".

Gaussian random is very useful, there's plenty of room within muds for it's
use.  I've even seen use for random dungeon/zone loads (how to pick which
mobiles are loaded into a zone).

d.