Re: Resolving "daemon", room teleport ObCircle

From: James Turner (turnerjh@XTN.NET)
Date: 07/15/98

"Mark A. Heilpern" <heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM> writes:

> RPC's then are, in my humble opinion, the best way to do this.
> By best, I mean most versitile. If you've never used them before
> and are interested, before you code anything, I'd strongly reccommend
> getting the O'Reilly book "Power Programming with RPC" and reading
> chapter 1. The whole book is excellent, but chapter 1 will really give
> you the tools you need to accomplish this.

How standard are they?  The nice thing about SYSV IPC is that it is
supported on just about every unix system in the world.  I've heard of
RPCs in general, but are you referring to a specific library?  Where
would it be available from?  If it isn't POSIX or reasonably common
then a lot of the use is lost since it would increase the minimum
level of ability necessary to install; I'd like to keep it as simple
as possible.

--
James Turner                turnerjh@pattern.net         UIN: 1102038
                            http://www.vuse.vanderbilt.edu/~turnerjh/