Re: Moderating Command Lag

From: John Woods (JWoodsIII@AOL.COM)
Date: 07/15/98

In a message dated 98-07-15 09:33:03 EDT, angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM
writes:

<< 1) please tell me you have {}'s around the log() and update_roundtime()
calls.
 Otherwise I would suggest getting an editor that will indent code for you.

 2) Ahh... now i understand what you are up to.  Events might work.  The only
 problem you might have is that players like to stack commands against the
 inputbuffer and let them be run as soon as they can.  How are you going to
 handle this? >>

That's why I'm not using wait_state. I want my own code here. I DO have {}'s
around it. Apparently AOL doesn't send tabs or something. It doesn't like
asciikey 10 either,if I remember correctly. Anyone know what I was doing wrong
/in that code/? I'm trying to fix my own, not look for a 'better' way. Sorry
to be impolite, not meaning to...just that I just got through a really tough
zone review. :-(

Thanx,
-Elrelet