CODE: Advanced Mounts

From: William Lowrey (lowreywo@JMU.EDU)
Date: 07/21/98

Hiya all,

Well, I am currently working on a rather advanced mount system and was
interested in some input or info about previous experiences with mounts.
What I am planning on doing is adding in a fully advancable mount system.
They will be saved in hfiles(similar to pfiles).  Players will be able to
own a certain number of horses depending on their class.  The horses will
be saved and can be "rented out" at the stables.

Some of the problems I forsee are the POS_FIGHTING/POS_MOUNTED issues.  My
first thoughts were to just add in a new position of POS_FIGHTING_MOUNTED.
Now, this will require lots of things to change...but I don't see another
way of doing it.  If there is, please let me know =)

If anyone has tried anything like this, please let me know.  I would love
any input on what has/hasn't worked in the past.

Thanks,

Colbey DemonSlayer,
Keeper of Rivel the Grey Blade.