Adding in variables to mobs

From: Del Minturn (caminturn@EARTHLINK.NET)
Date: 07/24/98

in the mob files such as:

wizard~
the wizard~
A wizard walks around behind the counter, talking to himself.
~
The wizard looks old and senile, and yet he looks like a very powerful
wizard.  He is equipped with fine clothing, and is wearing many fine
rings and bracelets.
~
ablno d 900 S
33 2 2 1d1+30000 2d8+18
30000 160000
8 8 1
baker~

I would like to add lines to mobs to define things (various things that
may be developed) like RACE or extra flags
I took a look at the db.c file and noted that the last of the mob readin
is:

 for (j = 0; j < NUM_WEARS; j++)
  mob_proto[i].equipment[j] = NULL;
  mob_proto[i].nr = i;
  mob_proto[i].desc = NULL;

  top_of_mobt = i++;
}

Can I add in another fread or what ever right before the top_of_mobt?
I still have not figured out reading in data from files so any help
would be appreciated!