Re: DG Scripts

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM)
Date: 07/30/98

At 12:18 PM 7/30/98 -0400, you wrote:
>'lo again, people.  I've recently been experimenting with DG scripts, and
>downloaded the dg_with_oasis_pl4.tar.gz from the FTP site.  After
>patching them in, I go to compile, and I receive 2 errors.  One of them,
>I could get rid of if I knew where to find where the race types are
>defined(from the snippet on Alex's page) and the other is where I'm lost,
>it occurs during linking, and if anyone on bpl14 has had this problem,
>and knows how to fix it, I'd be really grateful.

You need the race patch to fix one? There is some race
code in the patch, but it is only conditionally compiled, based
on the presence of a GET_RACE #define. If you don't have that
defined I don't see why you'd get anything from the compiler on it.
If you do have it but are using a different patch for it, assuming the
problem is in dg_scripts.c at the sprinttype line, where GET_RACE()
[as a macro] is called, you should copy to the "str" buffer the name
of the race of the character.

>--------------------Configuration: Circle - Win32
>Linking...
>dg_comm.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SENDOK
>Debug/Circle.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
>Error executing link.exe.

One of the things done by the patch is to move the SENDOK macro from
comm.c to utils.h.. It's my guess that when patching, you didn't do this,
and your compiler adds _ to the beginning of function symbols.