Re: [DG Scripts] [bpl 14] Seg fault

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM)
Date: 07/30/98

At 10:19 PM 7/29/98 -0500, you wrote:
>With a clean stock bpl 14 with the DG+Oasis patch applied, running on
>Linux 5.1, the game will shut down with a segmentation fault.
>
>You can run the game and it will sleep without error.
>
>Once a connection is sensed, and the game enters the main loop, the
>routine record_usage() in comm.c runs every 5 minutes.  This puts the
>"nusage" line in the log.  The routine runs successfully the first time,
>but the second time, (or in prep to run it) it seg faults.  This occurs
>at exactly 10 minutes after the game wakes up.
>
>The error did not occur until I applied the DG+Oasis patch.
>

>Any ideas?

No ideas here; but I'm running a stock bpl14 with that patch (well, now I'm
running it with a pre-pl5 patch :) and I have no similar problems. I'll let
the
mud run with noone logged on over night tho to see what happens.

Note that the pre-pl5 code does not change anything that might affect this
at all. Also note that I'm running on RedHat 5.0 not 5.1, and that my
compiler package is pgcc-1.0.3a-1  (rpm -qf `which gcc`).