Re: do_who boot time high question

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 08/07/98

Matt Roach wrote:

> and then at the end of the file I got:
> if(num_can_see < boot_high)
> {
>    boot_high = num_can_see;
> }

Well, of course it doesn't work. You want the high, not the low. So
you naturally want,

  if (num_can_see > boot_high)
    boot_high = num_can_see;

Now, to ensure everyone that I am no different than I was prior to my
disappearance, I will conclude this message with a RTFM. If you are, as
you would like us to believe, a capable coder, then you would naturally
know the difference between a greater than and lesser than. While I
could understand missing such a small detail in a large section of code,
considering the length of this, and the fact that you had to at least
look back over it to post it to the list, there should be no reason for
your message to appear here. End of discussion.

-dak