Transportation devices

From: Phillip A. Ames (kirk47@JUNO.COM)
Date: 08/15/98

Heya all, after putting in the vehicle code with help from Chris
Jacobson, I decided that I didn't want a zillion little drop ships
running around to ferry players back and forth from space vessels, so I
decided I'd like to try and make a transportation device that would take
players to and from their ships, storing the room that they were in when
they went to the ship so they'd return to the exact same point.  With
help from George Greer, I got it to compile, but am having several
problems with them.  First of all, they don't work :)  Whenever they are
loaded, all commands that are typed by anyone simply don't do anything.
You can't even shutdown the MUD, I had to Ctrl-Break it(I'm using
Windows)  The code is below, and if anyone can help me figure out why
this happens, I'd be really grateful.  If you need more information to
help out, send me a private e-mail and I'll send you what you need.
Thanks!!

SPECIAL(comm_badge) {
int beamdown_room;
int beamup_room;
extern int top_of_world;
struct obj_data  * comm_badge, * vehicle;
if (CMD_IS("beamup")){
vehicle = find_vehicle_by_vnum(GET_OBJ_VAL(comm_badge, 0) );
if (!vehicle) {
send_to_char("ERROR!  Vehicle doesn't exist!  Somebody's been screwing
around...\r\n", ch);
return 1;
}
if ( GET_OBJ_VAL(comm_badge, 2)  =  0){
beamdown_room += (GET_ROOM_VNUM(IN_ROOM(ch)));
}
if ( GET_OBJ_VAL(comm_badge, 2) != 0){
send_to_char("You cannot beam up if you are already aboard a
starship!\r\n", ch);
send_to_char("However, if you are not aboard a starship, contact an
immortal for assistance.\r\n", ch);
}
beamup_room = ( GET_OBJ_VAL(comm_badge, 1) );
( GET_OBJ_VAL(comm_badge, 2) += beamdown_room );
act("$n beams up to $o", TRUE, ch, vehicle, 0, TO_ROOM);
act("You beam up to $o.", TRUE, ch, vehicle, 0, TO_CHAR);
char_from_room(ch);
char_to_room(ch, beamup_room);
// Now show them the room
do_look(ch, "", "", 0);
return 1;
  }
}

-Phillip

Phillip Ames    | Treat friends in debt like family.
kirk47@juno.com | Exploit them.
ICQ: 8778335    | AOL IM: Grathol
http://members.xoom.com/Gowron/index.html