Re: [CODE][NEWBIE] Addin' Levels, Getin' Problems

From: Jimmy Brians (f_t_p_7_7_7@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: 08/16/98

<<
I just added 71 levels to my mud (99 mort 5 imm) simple enough right?
Well they seem to work up untill level 30. When a player advances to
level 30 they don't become level 30 they become level 99. >>

<<I think I know what is wrong but I don't know where to find it. >>

Just out of curiousity, what do you think is wrong? By the way, you need
to put in the exp tables or algorithm that you want to use in class.c in
level_exp. The exp has to be logical (the exp for higher levels must be
more than for lower levels). Also, using random numbers in it will screw
it up, i tried it once and I know.

<<I would be very happy if someone could help me with this problem, I
am using a slightly modified pl14 code. Thanks. >>

Well you're welcome and I'm glad to've made ya happy.

Zacman the infamous.

By the way, I'm finally opening a mud of my own prolly, and if anyone
has any ideas on any good servers (low price, or free) running
preferably win 95 and enough ram/free space to handle circlemud, please
tell me...its not easy to find a good mud server these days.