[CODE]: Languages word by word

From: Henrik Stuart (hstuart@GEOCITIES.COM)
Date: 08/16/98

Hey all

I've been creating my own language system scarcely built around the
ideas of Smaug's language system. Now I have never really like the idea
that you need to know say "elvish" at 75% percent before being able to
say something sensible in that language. Therefore I have been sitting
here for a few hours pondering of a way that I could do something in
this kind of way:

Let's say we have a string: "Hello there, how are you today?", if we
have a dude who knows Elvish at 50%, we take first "Hello" and say
something like: percent = number(1, 4); if (percent != 4) {
translate(blah); }
(translate being my function that does a static translation of the
string). However I stumped dead at taking the string word by word and
adding each word to the buffer either translatet or non-translated.
Does anybody have any ideas how I could go about this? I'd be really
greatful for any help at all.

-Henrik