Re: OLC w/ Windows 95

From: Phillip A. Ames (kirk47@JUNO.COM)
Date: 08/22/98

>    I can compile and get CircleMUD to work, but I have no idea how to
>add this *.patch file.  I found some patch.exe program in my windows =
>directory, but it seems to have nothing to do with CircleMUD.

Vote "No" to HTML messages.  Now, as to your problem, what you need to do
is go to www.cygnus.com and poke around, looking for a file called
cdk.exe which allows Windows users to use a bash-like shell, and allows
access to some of the *NIX libraries.  It comes with a patch program,
patch.exe, and I have found it(somewhat) useful.  However, if you don't
feel like downloading a 12 MB file, go to George Greer's
page(http://www.van.ml.org/~greerga) and look for the CircleMUD section.
In there is a document entitled "The art of hand patching" which will
tell you everything you need to know about patching those *.patch files.
If this doesn't help, send me an e-mail and I'll try and help you out.

-Phillip

Phillip Ames    | Treat friends in debt like family.
kirk47@juno.com | Exploit them.
ICQ: 8778335    | AOL IM: Grathol
http://members.xoom.com/Gowron/index.html