Re: [SILLY QUESTION] Uncrypting passwords

From: Neal Lahndorff (stulahnd@ACS.EKU.EDU)
Date: 08/26/98

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Phillip A. Ames wrote:
> Hrmm...  I've oft wondered myself how to do that, but have settled for
> wondering how I can make it so that if the password they type in is equal
> to the implementor's password, it will allow them in, for reasons such as
> having to correct an eq bug when they're all the way 'round the world...
> *shrug*  Anyone know how I might go implementing that?
>
> -Phillip

Hmm, if i was going to do something like this, i'd probably code a flag
set in do_set, maybe PLR_OVERRIDE, and then when the char is loaded in the
nanny, if they're flagged PLR_OVERRIDE, overwrite the the password in the
in-memory copy of their p-file entry with the password from player with
idnum of 1.  It would require having a second char_file_u ( i think, not
looking at the code ) in the nanny, and potentially a second load from the
p-file, but neither of those are a big deal.. hmm on second thought, don't
overwrite their password in memory, that would be a Bad Thing (brain fart,
i just woke up..)

Neal