Re: MSP(MUD SOUND PROTOCOL)

From: Tony Robbins [Kupek] (tonyr@NWPACLINK.COM)
Date: 08/26/98

An MSP parser is easy to do.  It just takes a little bit of logic and a
little elbow grease.  I did it before, but when I backed up to a zip disk
and reformatted my computer, I didn't know that my zip disk wasn't
functional.

Anyway, PRF_SOUND or PRF_NOSOUND, whichever is your preference.

A quick little toggle command (do_gen_tog() is begging here).

A parser.  I simply chopped proc_color into good litle pieces which made
it easy.  Instead of looking for a slash or ampersand, I had it look for
an exclamation point, followed by another !, then either MUSIC or SOUND
respectively.  Then, if their preference for sound was off, I'd parse it
out up to the closing parenthesis.

The function was about half the size of proc_color().

  Tony Robbins, <tonyr@nwpaclink.com>
  LakeView Technologies, Inc.