Re: [bpl14] olc+

From: Andrew Helm (ashe@IGLOU.COM)
Date: 08/26/98

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Scorn wrote:
> i downloaded the prepatched bpl14 from Del Minturn's Page ok havent
> modified a thing and everything seems to work fine but this. I took
> my implementor and typed murder fido.  It is fine until the moment
> the fido dies and crash boom nothing in syslog but my debugger points
> to this:
>
>    void hitprcnt_mtrigger(char_data *ch)
[snip snip]

In fight.c, in the hit() function make the following changes:

     if (type == SKILL_BACKSTAB) {
       dam *= backstab_mult(GET_LEVEL(ch));
-      damage(ch, victim, dam, SKILL_BACKSTAB);
+      dam = damage(ch, victim, dam, SKILL_BACKSTAB);
     } else
-      damage(ch, victim, dam, w_type);
+      dam  = damage(ch, victim, dam, w_type);
   }

   /* check if the victim has a hitprcnt trigger */
+  if (dam >= 0)
     hitprcnt_mtrigger(victim);

---------
Also, in reset_zone() in db.c I found a bug unrelated to your problem:

   /* handle reset_wtrigger's */
   room_vnum = zone_table[zone].number * 100;
   while (room_vnum <= zone_table[zone].top) {
     room_rnum = real_room(room_vnum);
-    if (room_rnum) reset_wtrigger(&world[room_rnum]);
+    if (room_rnum != NOWHERE) reset_wtrigger(&world[room_rnum]);
     room_vnum++;
   }

---------
Please e-mail me if this doesn't fix your problem.