Re: [CODE] : Problem with Damroll and Hitroll

From: Neal Lahndorff (stulahnd@ACS.EKU.EDU)
Date: 08/30/98

On Sun, 30 Aug 1998, Christoffer Lundberg wrote:

> I have noticed that in my MUD, whenever a player recieves less
> Damroll/Hitroll than zero, it will start over at 256 - Damroll/Hitroll
>
> For example: One of my players had 0 Damroll and wielded a cane that
> gave him -1 Damroll, then his Damroll became 255 (!).
>
> Where can I change so that the Damroll can range from -100 to +100 ?

It sounds like your damroll is being stored as an unsigned char,
regardless of how it is declared.  I had this same problem for something i
was doing and ended up having to read the man page for the compiler on the
system my mud runs on to find a compiler flag that makes signed char the
default option for char variables.  If i remember right, it was something
like -signed for cc running on irix 5.3

Neal