Re: Racial Themes (was Re: password retrieval) retrieval"* @MHS>

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 09/03/98

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Dan Argent wrote:

>      Nearly all D&D style MUDs use creatures/races from western mythology.
>      What about myhts from other parts of the world (american Indian,
>      Fijian , Australia ... Russian???) , or even from history (Norse
>      legends , Aztec gods....)

I don't think this is true.  Midgaard is from the Teutonic
Midgard/Mana-heim.  There are the Roman gods.  Yggdrasil is Scandinavian.
So I think there's a pretty good mixture.  But it depends upon your
definition of "western mythology."  I'm sure there are some other things
I'm completely missing, too.

-dak