Re: [CODE] [NEWBIE] Force function

From: The Merciless Lord of Everything (serces@MUD.DK)
Date: 09/11/98

>Hi all. I was wondering if anyone had any pointers to give in creating a
>force() function. Basically, the syntax would be:
>do_force("kill freddy", 24601);
>where "kill freddy" is what you want 24601 to do. There may be already a
>command in place like this, so if anyone could tell me how it works..
Erh.. Might just be me, but why Force it to do something??!? Why not just
do_hit(victim) or whatever the syntax is for that one?

If it's so that you can do a do_force("command", mob); are you then sure
it's such a good idea? Imagine all the mobs (with the correct prototype)
running around going "Say NI!" every time they hit their spec_proc.. uhm..
maybe not such a bad idea after all.. *grin* :)

whatever you want the mob to do, why not just call the do_<argument> for
that command?

eg. you want the mob to look, make a call to do_look(argument); (Can't
recall the correct syntax, and I'm in the middle of teaching MIIS 4.0 so..
:)

ObSomethingelse:
Do anyone have an idea to an EXP-Table for weapons, Magical Weapons that
become stronger each time you gain EXP, I'm trying to make a 6 level
weapon, but it should be so that everytime you have the Item Wielded (Or
just in your possession), it grabs 25% of your EXP and uses it to gain
Levels. Unfortunately taking the EXP and converting it directly into EXP
for the weapon would mean that even a lowlevel would have a High-Level
weapon in a short time.. Any ideas for formulas or suchlike?

/S