Crash problem

From: Del Minturn (caminturn@EARTHLINK.NET)
Date: 09/16/98

I have been trying to track this one down. Can someone give me an idea
of what to check on this one?

Fighting a mob, most of the time half way through the fight the mud
crashes.
Sometimes it doesn't...

The debugger points to:

find_solib: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error

#0  0x8072abc in hit (ch=0x82b85d0, victim=0x0, type=-1) at fight.c:835
835       if (ch->in_room != victim->in_room) {

I added in a few logs to help determin if its the problem:
from syslog.CRASH
Sep 16 17:25:31 :: FIGHT: Sanity check
Sep 16 17:25:31 :: FIGHT: ch->inroom != victim->in_room --> player not
in room anymore
Sep 16 17:25:31 :: FIGHT: Sanity ok.. next hit
Sep 16 17:25:31 :: FIGHT: Sanity check
end...

Code:

  /* Do some sanity checking, in case someone flees, etc. */
log("FIGHT: Sanity check");
  if (ch->in_room != victim->in_room) {
log("FIGHT: ch->inroom != victim->in_room --> player not in room
anymore");
    if (FIGHTING(ch) && FIGHTING(ch) == victim)
      stop_fighting(ch);
log("FIGHT: Sanity ok.. next hit");
    return;
  }

At this point I am lost.. I do not know where to go from here.. If it
checks ok through 3-4 rounds and then just crashes.. I don't understand
what to look for as for a section of code that should be bad.. (but it
works, then doesn't) so I am lost on this one..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..