Re: last names?

From: Rick Glover (magik@THEGRID.NET)
Date: 09/30/98

You can either use title to contain the last name such as:

Name: Joebob
Title: Lastname - Killer of a thousand gnats

and it would appear on the who list as:

[Mu 2] Joebob Lastname - Killer of a thousand gnats

...OR...

You can add a char *lastname to struct char_player_data and char
*lastname[MAX_LASTNAME_LENGTH + 1] to char_file_u in structs.h.
You'll need to choose a MAX_LASTNAME_LENGTH and put it in structs.h as well.

Make yourself a macro in utils.h for GET_LASTNAME(ch), just copy
GET_NAME(ch) without the check for IS_NPC.

Then you should be set other than the routine stuff like, adding an option
to set the last name in do_set, allowing the player to enter their lastname
in interpreter.c (nanny) (and all the hubub that comes with that project),
then putting the code in to where you would want the last name to be
displayed.  Examples would be do_who, list_one_char, do_users, do_show.

Rick