Re: [NEWBIE] Configure

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 09/30/98

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Phillip A. Ames wrote:

>Errr...  Really stupid question here, but isn't configure supposed to
>automatically update dependencies when it creates a makefile?  I tried it
>using the Cygnus gnu-win32 thing, and I just get a stock makefile...
>Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Nope.  It uses whatever is in Makefile.in.  If you want real dependencies,
I have a patch on my www.van.ml.org/CircleMUD site that'll do it.

In other news, the snippets changed from:
  author: snippet
  snippet [by author]
due to popular complaint^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hdemand. :)

(Perl is nifty, it was all automatic.)

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://mouse.van.ml.org/   (mostly) | stupidity is not thus handicapped.