Re: Why use olc?

From: Stephen Wolfe (siv@CYBERENET.NET)
Date: 10/03/98

> Well of course, mud editor only does stock but this is what I tell my
> imms to do, Make the basic world in Mud Editor and then use notepad to
> add the rest of the values. It works it's less hassel and it's more
> structured. Anyways I wouldn't want my mud to be down 1 week over

have you actually built for a mud that uses olc? it doesn't sound like
it..and i think that until you do, mauybe you shouldn't say any more about
this..

olc lets you visualize the zone as players will see it, walking through as
you build, changing things instantaneously rather than having to go back
to the txt file, fix it, upload it, reboot..if you're talking about that
hassle of the code not working..well..i've never really heard of any
intrisic bugs in obuild and george has made the new oasis pretty much
crash proof..

siv